Sunday, December 12, 2010

Firenze


Chris Finally arrived in Italy 24 hours after me. Even though his parents had been very welcoming and we were communicating ok with what very little Italian I knew, it was a great relief to have him there. He soon took me up to a local spot close to where he grew up to see Firenze (Florence) at sunset. He told me that he thought I liked him even better in Italy. I mean come on! You are separated from your love and have to travel to his native country alone, where you barely speak any of the language, and then he arrives and takes you to a quaint spot that overlooks Florence! It was romantic and I do like him;-)Can you make out the duomo? It was pretty smoky so the picture aren't the clearest.
Bellisimo! Can you believe I was here? Sometimes my life sounds fake.


Overlooking Florence.

Outside the Uffizi where we had a personal tour from one of Chris' friends who works as a guide. We saw amazing works of art like Botticelli's The Birth of Venus and La Primevera, Michelangelo's The Holy Family, Parmigianino's Madonna of the Long Neck...and tons of others. It was unreal to see them in person. By the way, once again if you go in off season there are no lines.
Chris and I take a stroll over the Arno and to Ponte Vecchio, the only bridge not destroyed in World War II that spans the famous river in Florence.
I'm really here!
My first gellato in Italia. It was delish!
Firenze by night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment